The Kidde KN-COSM-BA Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm provides two important safety devices in a single unit. This alarm includes a voice warning system that announces “Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery and Smart HushTM Activation.” The voice alarm eliminates any confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. This technologically advanced combination alarm is battery operated protecting you and your family even during a power outage when many incidences occur.
The KN-COSM-BA is an easy-to-install alarm that is suitable for all living areas and has a 10-year life and a 5-year limited warranty. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.
Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
Low Battery: If any form of battery failure is detected the red LED light will flash and the unit will “chirp” once every 60 seconds for at least 7 days. The “LOW BATTERY” voice occurs once every 15 minutes. The green LED will also be flashing twice per second.
Voice Hush Indication: “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement.
Peak Level Memory: If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/ Reset button is pressed.
- Voice alarm loudly announces the hazard type detected
- Single unit providing both smoke alarm & carbon monoxide monitoring
- Test/reset button
- Green LED to indicate normal operation, flashing red LED for alarm condition
- Voice alarm announces "Low Battery" with an alarm chirp and flashing red LED
- Battery safeguard where door doesn't close unless the batteries are properly installed
- Hush® feature allows temporarily silencing nuisance alarms
- Ionized smoke alarm sensor
- Power source of 2 AA batteries
- Ionization smoke sensor & electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
- Audio alarm of 85dB at 10 feet
- 5.6" in diameter x 1.8" depth
- 5 year limited warranty through Kidde